The following Resolution from the Games and Amusements Board was originally posted by Ren Vitug here.
- The GAB is applying its pre-existing sports regulations to esports.
- Any tournament with a prize pool or equivalent value of item prizes exceeding P10,000 will be considered professional.
- Professional tournaments will require all participants to have an esports license.
- The esports license requires, among other standard license requirements, a certificate of membership or letter of endorsement from an accredited esports organization, drug test results for THC and Methamphetamine, and a fee (P800 for players).
- The esports license is valid until the owner's next birthday. This is a policy that was implemented last year, before the GAB's recognizing of esports.
- Tournaments are required to have a GAB-issued permit to operate. The permit fee per day is P800.
- The GAB will receive 3% of the event's gross gate receipts and income from media rights, alongside copies of the event's Printer's Affidavit for tickets, coverage contracts, and report of tickets sold.
- Licensed Filipino players must secure written authorization from the GAB to compete abroad.
- The GAB is open to future discussions and amendments.