In light of recent events, Mineski.net would like to bring to you the latest developments concerning the investigation of the "#322 scandal", the accusation towards both gaming teams of Mski-Dota and EvoGT. Conducting the investigation are the following parties: Mineski.net News/Editorial Team, MET, Mski-Dota team management, and EvoGT Management.
Earlier this morning, we've managed to get a word from Unicka Rivera, one of the first to post a screenshot regarding the scandal. She states that she suddenly received reports from multiple anonymous accounts (Matindi Ako, Pakito Imbestigador included) about alleged transactions between Michael Vallejos, Jonathan Radores, a player from EvoGT, and people related to Mski-Dota players.
So far all conversations reveal the following (linked conversations public at reddit):
- Conversations between Vallejos and Radores regarding betting odds on one Mski-Dota match and one EvoGT match.
- Conversation between Radores and a person related to a Mski-Dota player discussing about an information leak of match-fixing.
- Conversation between Vallejos and Radores regarding a match will have a "bad draft" on purpose.
- Anonymous report that three possible Mski-Dota players received P40000 total (~894 USD) for throwing a game.
- Conversation between Vallejos and Radores discussing that a certain EvoGT player is also asking for P40000 (~894 USD)
- Conversation between Radores and an EvoGT player discussing the "split of cash" and a meetup a day after the fixed match. (Also a mobile number was seen in this conversation and we confirm it to be legit)
- A conversation hinting that there has already been a cash transaction between Vallejos and another party.
Update 1: Another reddit post, by pubdemon, has revealed more screenshots of conversations among the accused.
- Conversation between Vallejos and Radores discussing a thrown match by a Mski-Dota player.
- Conversation between Vallejos and Radores revealing plan of forming an "All Star Team", deemed Na'Vi.PH
Conversation between JULZ and Radores about the "All-Star Team"
- Conversation between Mski-Dota player, JACKO, and Radores discussing about the fixed Mski-Dota vs EvoGT match. Mski-Dota players, PASEO & JOVEN, mentioned.
Conversation between current IAP player, JAY, & Radores about the "All-Star Team" HOT: Vallejos claims he has his hand on several other big SEA teams: First Departure, MiTH-Trust, "Se7en", Olympian, Arcanys
Update 2: Responses so far from the involved
- JAY: Claims that he was simply invited into a future team by Mr. Radores. Jay also questions the connection between the team he's being invited into and the match-fixing issue.
- OLYMPIANS: The manager, Mr. Rodwin Sy Wang, has stated that they barely know Mr. Vallejos, and that their team was never featured in any international tournament that has been involved with betting.
- FD: Their manager, Bryan, clarifies that they have totally no relation with Mr. Vallejos. They said they don't know the guy until now.
Update 3: Gaming team managements have decided regarding this matter
After talking with both managements, Yap "Kenchi" Chee Loong of Mski-Dota, and the general management of EvoGT, they will be placing players under preventive suspension until due process investigation is done. Kenchi has stated that the team management takes these matters seriously, thus both managements have decided that the players included in the preventive suspension will not be joining any online and offline tournaments until further notice.
The aforementioned players that will be placed under preventive suspension are:
- Mark Anthony “Jacko” Soriano
- Joven “jvn” Pancho
- Richard “Paseo” Minowa
- Jo “Jotan” Tan
- Carlo “Chin” Rivera
- Mark “Byb” Gavin
- Denver “yNd” Miranda
- Patrick “JyC” Pascua
With this development, Mski-Dota management has stated that the roster that will play at an upcoming Thailand championship event will be the remaining three players of the team and two stand-ins.
Update 4: A video has surfaced claiming that the conversation screenshots are not doctored.
Update 5: David 'GoDz' Parker of BeyondTheSummit has raised concern over the issue.
Reading about this PH/SEA matchfixing "ring" thats maybe been going on makes me sick to the stomach.. so destructive and toxic for the scene— David GoDz Parker (@BTSGoDz) October 14, 2014
Update 6: TNC Cup has sanctioned suspended players
Update 7: The committee has contacted Dota2Lounge.com to further investigate the allegations of match fixing. Steam ID's of the suspended players have also been obtained.
Update 8: The accused players were invited to clear things up and to explain their sides. Six of the accused have approached the investigating committee. Each have admitted their involvement with the two persons, Mr. Michael Vallejos and Mr. Jonathan Radores. Each have also declared their resignation from their respective teams and wants to extend their apologies to the Philippine Dota 2 community:
All guilty parties will be penalized accordingly after cross referencing the evidences presented to the committee and the statements of the accused.
Update 9: The two remaining involved players have come forward as well.
We at Mineski.net are still awaiting statements from the following accused:
- Mr. Michael Vallejos
- Mr. Jonathan Radores
The matches in question are linked below: