Graphic used in banner courtesy of Existor
This is it ladies and gentlemen. The long awaited Patch 2.1 of StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm finally has a release date. Kaivax, community manager at Blizzard, posted in the Battle.net official boards minutes ago.
"We’re planning to implement StarCraft II Patch 2.1 next week. This patch includes more levels and new rewards, new changes to Clans and Groups, a 100% free Arcade, remastered Classic StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War music, adjustments to the league distribution percentages on the ladder, Extension Mods, and many other features.", said Kaivax.
The relase dates are as follows:
Tuesday, Jan 21 – Americas, Europe
Wednesday, Jan 22 – Korea and Taiwan, China
Thursday, Jan 23 – Southeast Asia and Oceania
It is important to note that "you will then be unable to play on any region that has not yet updated to the latest patch. If you update and then try to play on a region that is not yet updated, you’ll receive an error".
For those who are still unaware, Patch 2.1 brings the following:
- Available to play for free as all three races - Terran, Zerg, Protoss
- Custom games as any race and on any map are free
- Any Arcade map is available to play for free
- Still no 1v1 ladder, but Spawning provides 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4
- Still restricted to first 4 missions from WOL